Like I Mentioned in a previous post, I Spent a lot of my time this past year working at the local elementary school. In coming up with extracurricular Activities I tried to do the Things That Normally students do not get to chance to do in class (like Origami or Music). Thus, I started to play almost eleven week based on a classic Central American folktale That Is Extremely Well Known in Costa Rica Called La Llorona, or The Cryer or The Weeper . In the weekly "rehearsals" I tried to focus not so much on the acting or the finished product, pero on teamwork and working together to Achieve a common end. Now if I Was Entirely Successful in Achieving That goal is up for debate, But we did have a good time acting out the story once a week, and that’s got to count for something, right?
The story has many different variations but all have the same basic premise to them. I took three or four different versions and combined them into one which turned out something like this: A rural girl works in the summer house and on the farm of a wealthy family from the city. One summer the family comes out to visit and is impressed at how much the girl has grown and her work ethic. Because of this they invite her to come to work in their house in the city, San José, where she meets the son of the family and they fall in love. Soon the girl becomes pregnant and when the family becomes aware of this they become furious, fire the girl from her job, and expel her back to the country. There the girl’s mother also becomes angry and refuses to have the child ruin her family’s good name. Thus, the mother hides her daughter for her entire pregnancy. When the child is born the mother forces her daughter to thrown the newborn into the river where it quickly drowns. Realizing her mistake, the girl also throws herself into the river to look for her child and drowns. Now, so the story goes, the girl can be heard screaming and crying at night by rivers searching for her lost child.
I know what you’re thinkin Narrator - In the wee hours of the night, when everything seems asleep, by the river a plaintive voice called the attention of travelers. Farmers
1 - That I'm tired! Farmers
2 - Me too. That heat did today! Farmers
3 - At least we found the river to cool off.
Narrator - Suddenly, passengers heard a scream and sob.
(La Llorona, hidden, screams and sobs)
Farmer 1 - What was that!Patron
XC - That long journey! Finally arrived!Daughter 1 - That there is lots of mud here in the country!
Daughter 2 - The mud is messing me all the clothes! Daughter
3 - Who's That Girl?
Patron - No way! "Are not you the daughter of the milkman?
La Llorona - Yes.
Patron - As you've grown! YC (enter the boss's son, studying a book. I did not see and the two collided)
Son - Oh, sorry!
La Llorona - Do not worry.
Son - Do not know. Who are you?
La Llorona - working for his mother.
Son - Oh, you're the girl that she brought the field?La Llorona - Yes.
Son - You have the most beautiful eyes I've seen.
La Llorona &; Ndash; (blushing) Thank you.
Son - Want to go out with me tonight at dinner and dance?
La Llorona - Yes, it would be fun.
(The two go together,)
Narrator - She fell in love with Ely for a few weeks he felt he was going to be a mother. She told the
Son of Boss, but he got away from it.
(Enter Pattern, Pattern Sonute, in the capital?
La Llorona - I fell in love with a boy.
Mother - So why is she crying?
La Llorona - I went to Ely I'm ... I'm ...
Mother - No way! Are you pregnant?
(La Llorona is still crying with tears.)
Mother - What a mistake you've done! The reputation of this family will not be stained with ; mistakes! &l river for her mother's plan.
(La Llorona making the basket in his hands and throws it into the river. The baby cries and cries and then drowned.)
Narrator - Your baby is drowned ; in Rioyo, after realizing what he did, the girl went crazy
.
La Llorona - I've done! "Where is my baby? Where?
Narrator - Thegirl also jumped into the river to find her baby.
La Llorona - My baby! My baby! Where?
Narrator - So, looking for her lost baby, the girl also drowned. This girl is called "La Llorona."
Scene 6: The field at night
(The three farmers are sitting around the fire)
Farmer 1 - & iexcl; What a sad story! Farmers
2 - How does it end? Farmers
3 - says she still can hear La Llorona at night and with a full moon .
(La Llorona, hidden, screams and sobs)
Farmer 1 - But it is only a story, nothing more, right? Farmers
3 - Who knows.
(La Llorona, still hidden, still shouting)
CHTMLX
0 comments:
Post a Comment